J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have a Sportcraft TX400 treadmill. when I turn it on and

Customer Question

I have a Sportcraft TX400 treadmill. when I turn it on and press the inverted V to start the clock starts running but the treadmill doesn't move at all...after 20 seconds or so I hear a relay click and then the #3 appears on the speed/calories ...I reset and the same thing happens...I checked the reed switch and noticed the there was only one magnet and holders for two magnets...found a second magnet from scrap machine and retried with same result...motor doesn't seem to receive any power? If I manually turn the motor after resetting the relay doesn't click but the motor still fails to receive any power? Help please!
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.
You need a new Motor control board. Common problem on all machines.
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.
Easy to fix you just remove the board the Motor plugs into and install another one
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I purchased an almost identical board and installed it but it didn't work prior to seeking help. Perhaps the board I purchased had the same problem as it was used? Is there an individual part on the board that could be replaced to resolve the issue?
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.
That could be, there is no way to replace Parts on the boards, they are only sold as complete boards. You can double Check that your Motor Works by touching the two wires off the Motor to a fully charged cordless drill Battery. It will turn the Motor slowly
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.
No prob please rate my answer thanks!