Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My wife's Nordictrack X7i treadmill's display is acting up.

Customer Question

My wife's Nordictrack X7i treadmill's display is acting up. At times it flickers and then shuts off and the treadmill stops. Now the display doesn't come on. I would hate to have to throw out the machine for a bad control board.
JA: When did this screen problem start with your X7I?
Customer: A couple of years ago. It was hit or miss if the treadmill would work or not. It worked fine when the display worked.
JA: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the equipment expert, I'll connect you shortly.
Customer: OK,***@******.***
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, not for now.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

There may be a loose cable connection - can you check the cable connections under the console, and also where the other end connects on the base?

If the problem is not due to a loose connection then the control console will need to be replaced - it comes as a complete unit.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------