Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician
Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Error Code 425 indicates a power or motor fault.
To reset this error code you must unplug the treadmill from the wall outlet for 10 seconds, and then check the items listed below:1. Check the drive motor wire connection to the power supply.2. Check the ceramic fuse (20 Amp – 250 V) on the power supply.
As you have already checked these, you will need to test the motor using a battery from a cordless drill or a car battery.
1. Make sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not (it needs to be around 12-18 Volts)2. Attach the + and - terminals to the motor (red is + and black is -).3. If the motor turns slowly then the motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replaced.
4. If the motor is ok then the power supply is bad and needs replaced.
--------------------Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.Pete.--------------------
1. New power supplies are no longer available, however you can get a refurbished power supply: https://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/cart/ViewItem/34000244
2. See link above.
3. See link above.
4. Test the voltages on the power supply board - if there is good voltage going in but nothing coming out then this helps confirm that the board is bad.
5. There could potentially be other faults as well - you will need to fix one fault at a time.