Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a PaceMaster Silver Select XP treadmill and am

Customer Question

Hi, I have a PaceMaster Silver Select XP treadmill and am getting an Err code 425. I have unplugged the power cord, checked the power wires, and replaced the ceramic fuse. I am still getting the code 425. Can you help me?
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: As I stated above, a PaceMaster Silver Select XP.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just acquired the unit from a friend about 3 weeks ago and it worked for about 1 week.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I stated in my first message what I did, checked the power wires and replaced the ceramic fuse.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How much longer will this be? I have a lot of errands to run today and cannot sit by the computer waiting for an answer.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Error Code 425 indicates a power or motor fault.

To reset this error code you must unplug the treadmill from the wall outlet for 10 seconds, and then check the items listed below:
1. Check the drive motor wire connection to the power supply.
2. Check the ceramic fuse (20 Amp – 250 V) on the power supply.

As you have already checked these, you will need to test the motor using a battery from a cordless drill or a car battery.

1. Make sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not (it needs to be around 12-18 Volts)
2. Attach the + and - terminals to the motor (red is + and black is -).
3. If the motor turns slowly then the motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replaced.

4. If the motor is ok then the power supply is bad and needs replaced.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried this and the motor works. You stated that means the power supply needs to be replaced.Questions :
1. Are the power supplies still available?
2. Where would I buy one?
3. How much do they cost?
4. Are you sure this will fix the problem and that I won't have more problems?
5. Are you sure that there is nothing wrong with the circuit board or any of the components or the wires?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

1. New power supplies are no longer available, however you can get a refurbished power supply: https://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/cart/ViewItem/34000244

2. See link above.

3. See link above.

4. Test the voltages on the power supply board - if there is good voltage going in but nothing coming out then this helps confirm that the board is bad.

5. There could potentially be other faults as well - you will need to fix one fault at a time.