J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have a treadmill problem, Proform xp 580, i will plug it

Customer Question

Hi there,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi there,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have a treadmill problem
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: Proform xp 580, i will plug it up and cut the switch on and attatch the magnet to it then press walking speed number,it will start going for about 3 seconds the the belt will stop moving, i will unplug it for a few mintues and start it up but keeps doing the same thing, i do not know the model number, it just does the same thing everytime,i have a repair man coming out on the 18th but if i can get it fixed by you telling me how to reset and eveything id rather do it this way
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: my daughter gave it to me ,she bought it new and walked maybe 10 times on it, it was fine the last time i used it, its been unplugged over the winter months and it started the other day, i have tried to reset it but it will start then stop
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can he tell me how to reset it
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.
Hi you need a new Motor control board. Easy fix, no need for a Repair man. Just need to unscrew the front cover with a screwdriver then swap out the boards.
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.
You can order one from fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com