Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Nordictrack T8.SS 2.6 CHP won't start, it just makes a

Customer Question

My Nordictrack T8.SS 2.6 CHP won't start, it just makes a constant whirring noise. None of the buttons will work. It says incline in the window.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Nordictrack T8.SS 2.6 CHP and it's a couple years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Haven't used it for a while. I've tried to unplug it from the wall and taken the key out and back several times.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it. Thank you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I would guess from the sound of it that your NordicTrack machine has a stuck incline, or it has (mostly likely of all) a defective incline position sensor, a jammed incline, or defective control board circuitry for the incline motor.

The constant whirring, and the message 'INCLINE' in the window, point to this - the incline may be at maximum elevation, perhaps? in which case the incline position sensor is the likely fault. But the other causes I mentioned could be, too.

Your machine will need repairs, unless - and this is unlikely - an Incline Calibration could help.

If calibrating the incline does not help, then you would need a repair co. near you, in which case, let me know your local zip code and/or town/city and state, and I will provide you with contact information for fully qualified NordicTrack repair co.s in your region.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.