crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I have a pro form 490gs that was (blush) left outside and

Customer Question

Hi. I have a pro form 490gs that was (blush) left outside and got very dirty and moist. It worked, sort of, briefly, then struggled to a stop.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: ekg2 I don't know how old. Gift
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The switch has not been tripped for the circuit breaker, the troubleshooting on the manual wasn't relevant, other than that
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that there was some movement at first, and the belt can be moved by force so it's not totally stuck, but there's resistance. It is very very dirty and may have been rained on.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.
Honestly if it got wet it's not going to be worth it to fix it. The bearings and Motor are most likely rusted out. Being a proforma they are very Cheap machines to begin with. Throw it on Craigslist and see if you can get a couple dollars for it and buy a new one... they are electronics so treat them like a TV or Computer...
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Expert:  veniza-cssm replied 2 months ago.
Dear Customer: We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/fitness-equipment/akx4f-pro-form-490gs-blush-left-outside.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.