Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a C970 treadmill. I did a measurement of the length

Customer Question

I have a C970 treadmill. I did a measurement of the length of the treadmill belt and counted the revolutions for 1 mile. My calculation showed it had only gone .65 mile when the readout said 1 mile. Is there a way I can correct this?
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: C970
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I assume since I got it. I had a heart attack about 8 months ago and have been using my treadmill much more. I live in a very hilly area so it was hard to compare a mile outside to the treadmill. I only recently walked on another treadmill and it seemed to go much faster than mine.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Distance is measured by the revolutions of the belt. The belt is a specific length and the treadmill records how many times it has covered this length.

If the readout is inaccurate then the belt may be sticking or slipping.
Check that the belt tightness is adjusted correctly, and try applying belt lubricant underneath the belt to help it run more smoothly.
Let me know if you notice any improvement.