Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I own a Trotter 300T treadmill. I am experiencing the

Customer Question

Good morning-
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I own a Trotter 300T treadmill. I am experiencing the treadmill abruptly shutting down while I am walking. I turn it off and pull the plug and restart it but it shuts down after a few minutes. any suggestions?
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: Cybex Trotter 300T
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: On and off for a few weeks. When it first happened I went through the Error message protocol and cleared the error message. After doing so it worked fine for about a month. But now over the past two days it's back to shutting down. I again went through clearing the error message but that's not stopping the trouble.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You might have a belt adjustment problem, among others.

The solution that you should try first, is that the belt might need readjusting and lubrication (with the special, non-grease, lubricant these treadmill belts generally require.)
The belt should be adjusted, generally speaking, so that it is loose enough that it does not quite slip, but nearly that loose.

If the belt is adjusted (or, has shrunk up with age, and lack of lubricant...) too tightly, then it can stop the treadmill from working or running. An over-tight treadmill belt can cause wear, or even damage, in many other ways, such as by overheating the motor.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks I'll give that a try. Have a good day.

There might be other problems too. Get back to me if what I have recommended does not help, and I will advise you further as to what to do. Before you go, please rate my answer using the five-star interface - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done.