Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have been trying to fix a treadmill which I purchased

Customer Question

Hi, I have been trying to fix a treadmill which I purchased second hand. Model is Pro-Form 580X, and the issue I have is that it has unresponsive touch buttons. When I turn it On on the switch located at the motor compartment it goes On and beep, the console lights get ON but none of the buttons function. I have opened the motor compartment and can console, but I cannot the issue. Can you help?
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: The unit was working before, I did not used for a while, and when tried to use it got this. Pro form 580X, model 831.29306.2.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not much besides opening the case and look around for obvious signs of something disconnected or broken.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not for now
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

If all of the cable connections are connected correctly and securely but the console is not responding to touch then the console has failed and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there any way that you can provide a wiring diagram of this thing? I am not done with it yet. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

There are no wiring diagrams available, just the parts diagram on page 28 and 29 of the following manual: