Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My vision fitness T9450 powers down itself in a couple of

Customer Question

My vision fitness T9450 powers down itself in a couple of minutes and powers up again
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Vision Fitness T9450 - about 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was on it for an hour and it wa fine about 3 days ago and it has been acting up in the last two days
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

First, check that the safety key is inserted correctly.

Also check that the power cord connection is secure and not loose.

Let me know if you get any error code on the display at all.

And let me know if the machine runs ok with nobody on it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As I mentioned in my original question, I was on it for an hour only 3 days ago, so the following were obvious
1. The safety key was inserted correctly
2. The power chord connection is secure
3. As I mentioned in my original message, the treadmill powered down and came back up in a minute, so was reset and hence no error code.
4. I tried running the machine with the exact same speed and inclination with no one on the machine and it works fine, ran for an hour.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

If the problem is only when someone is on the machine then this indicates a strain on the motor, possibly caused by the belt or a worn motor.

There could be friction due to a worn belt - check the underside of the belt and apply some belt lubricant if it is rubbing.

Also ensure the belt is adjusted correctly so that it is not too loose or too tight.

If applying lubricant and adjusting the belt does not help then the motor itself is suspect and will need to be checked.