Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Pacemaster ProElite treadmill showing an error code

Customer Question

I have a Pacemaster ProElite treadmill showing an error code 4 upon start up. What does this error code tell me? thanks
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Please describe how the error looks on the display, in more detail. Where does 'Err' appear, and what is the full error code and in which display is the error code, also?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for responding.I was walking on the tradmill and it stopped, showing "-P-" in the speed display (see first attached pic).When I try to restart it, I see "ERR code 04" across the display, (see second pic)Hope this helps.

Thank you for the pictures. The error code is not readily findable, so I will need to do some research.

I regret to say that I have found no sign of any specific indication as to what the error code 4 means in any Pacemaster treadmill. It's a severe failure beyond a doubt. Would you like to just try to find out what's wrong with it yourself? it would be a bit of work for sure. Or would you rather have it repaired by a local professional at the Pacemaster line of treadmills? (If so, please Reply telling me your zip code, so that I can provide listings of those to contact in your region.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm certainly willing to troubleshoot myself. I'm pretty handy & inquisitive.Where do I start?Thanks!

OK. Do you have a voltmeter and can you use it to measure voltages in live circuitry, or resistance in wires/connections?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do.Right now is not the best time for me to look into it. I'm happy to try whatever I need to do tomorrow. If you can give me some instructions, I can report back.Or, if we need to work together lets find a time that works for both of us. Whatever is easiest.Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Tomorrow evening might be best, ***** ***** 7 or 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Thanks, ***** *****'re welcome. Have a pleasant evening.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
7PM eastern works for me, if you are willing to do it on a Friday eve. Otherwise, anytime this weekend (except Sat evening) works for me too.Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Russell,Just wanted to confirm we are on for 7 pm. Please let me know.

I'm here, it's 7:26 p.m. EDT.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello. I'm ready.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do we start?

Unplug the treadmill. Open it up by removing the outer case - you may have to turn it on its side to do this.

After that... we can examine parts of it with the meter.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Unplugged and cover is off.

First of all, check the main fuse. And then make sure that the main wire from the motor to the power supply, is still firmly attached, and not broken.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Reset button is not popped.The motor power connector is firmly attached.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Wires to motor look good

Good. At this point - I'm sorry to say it - I don't have any idea what else to suggest, except for a very thorough examination of all circuit boards, for burned parts or scorched spots.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Really? I was hoping to do some real diagnostics. If that's not something you can help with, please provide the local repair sources you offered.Thanks.

Well, I could get you listings for your locality, and also I can then Opt Out and let you wait for guidance from some other Expert here, if you'd like to do that - it gives you a second chance at being helped, at no additional charge.

Please tell me in Reply, your local zip code so that I can list nearby professionals you might call on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
55113Thank you for your help.

I regret it cannot be more.

I am looking up those listings now... it may be an hour, or possibly overnight (I might fall asleep, I confess, honestly) but I will get the listings for that locality to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please share any info you found, and also release my question to others. Thanks.

OK...

Bob's Treadmill Repair

7701 59th Pl N
Minneapolis, MN 55428

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

or

2nd Wind Exercise Co.

*****
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Phone:(###) ###-####br />http://www.2ndwindexercise.com/

or

Pro Select Services

*****br />Wyoming, MN 55092

Phone:(###) ###-####br />http://www.proselectservices.com

or

Sears Appliance Repair

3001 White Bear Ave N

Saint Paul, MN 55109

(###) ###-####/p>

or

Protech Fitness Co. Service & Repair

BBB Rating: A+

*****SE

Saint Paul, MN 55112

(###) ###-####/p>

.

If you need other listings, there are others. Let me know whether this answers your question - or not - and if not, I will continue to help, advice, find info, etc.