Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have a Horizon Club T500 treadmill. The keyboard

Customer Question

I have a Horizon Club T500 treadmill. The keyboard sporadically doesn't seem to recognize the depression of it's keys.......what I mean is when it's working, when you press down a button it beeps......when it's not working it beeps after you let your finger off of the button?????
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: It acts up like this with no rhyme or reason........sometimes it seems unplugging it for a while will resolve the issue, but even that doesn't seem to work 100% of the time
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Shortly after we bought it and started using it.........it's probably 8 - 10 years old, but hardly used because of this issue.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's pretty much sums it up
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Rusty replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?
*This is not your answer, just an inquiry to see if you still need help. I'm here to help when you're ready. Due to the nature of the problem, it may take a few tries back and forth before we finish the troubleshooting and fix the problem.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not able to perform the steps right now, but if you provide me details I will perform them as soon as I can and let you know if they worked.
Expert:  Rusty replied 6 months ago.

Since it helps sometimes when you unplug it, that tells me there is a bad electronic component in the console. This could be anywhere, and isn't resolved by pressing a sequence of buttons. Unplug it, and turn the power on (with it unplugged). This will drain any residual power and reset each component. Turn it off, plug it in, and give it a try.

If it works for a bit and gives you the same problem, you'll need your console or upper control board repaired or replaced. It looks like there are parts available, call 1-***-***-**** for a replacement. It looks like it's $150 to replace the console.