Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We have a NordicTrack C1800. It makes a grinding noise.

Customer Question

We have a NordicTrack C1800. It makes a grinding noise. Can't tell if it is a bearing or the motor. The track belt is lined up and doesn't show excessive wear. Our question is what is the most common problem and how do you fix it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Noridic C 1800 Model NTL 9902.0
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About 2 weeks. Have adjusted the belt, tried to listen for the trouble spot but could not determine where the noise was coming from. See no place to lubricate bearings or belt.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

A treadmill motor can cause strange noises if it is clogged up with dust and other debris, however loose bearings are more likely to be the cause of a grinding noise.

To fix this, the bearings will need to be replaced.

Do you plan to attempt the repair yourself, or are you looking for a repairer in your area?

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.