Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

My norditrak treadmill, the belt keeps slipping, A2350

Customer Question

My norditrak treadmill, the belt keeps slipping
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: A2350 model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About 2 months
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's just the belt, the rest works fine
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?
*This is an inquiry to see if you still need help. I'm here to help when you're ready. Due to the nature of the problem, it may take a few tries back and forth before we finish the troubleshooting and fix the problem. First, try unplugging it from power, or remove the battery for 5 minutes. Return the power, and tell me if you see any improvement.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It doesn't di anything as i always unpkugged the unit when finished, i leave it unplugged until i use it again
Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.

When you say it's slipping, do you mean when you step on it, it doesn't move as fast as it should? Or is it slipping off to the side?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When i get on the treadmill, and the belt starts as i adjust the speed and start walking, the belt keeps slipping at least for the first couple of minutes, seems to stop slipping after a minute of running on the treadmill
Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.

Ok, that sounds like a loose belt. Until the belt gets warmed up, it slips. Click here. Use the hex key to tighten the belt. This will be a very minor adjustment, and make sure you tighten both of them equally. Pay attention to the orientation of the hex key so you know where to turn each of them. Do this a little bit, try it, and repeat if necessary. Do it a little bit at a time, and the slipping should go away.

Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.

Sorry, forgot the link. Click here.