Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

My problem is the belt speed will not adjust to my request?

Customer Question
JA: What's the make/model of...
my problem is the belt speed will not adjust to my request?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: tx 4.9 15 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: well i couldn't find the manual so i was looking for a way to tighten the belt
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: when i turn it on no matter what speed i set it on it runs slow, but if i step off the belt on to the side rails the belt will speed up till i step on it again
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/3/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 11 months ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
Being that old your belt, Motor, and circuit board have worn out. It doesn't have the power to keep up to speed with a person on it. Most treadmills only last 8-10 years
If they even make Parts anymore it's more cost effective to look for a new machine
J.T.
J.T.
J.T., Technician