Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Tunturi J550 treadmill that stops abruptly while in

Customer Question

I have a Tunturi J550 treadmill that stops abruptly while in use. This happens randomly during every session. I understand it has to do with the speed sensor and I want to totally disable this function.
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: (I already told you) Tunturi J550
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since I purchased it over 10 years ago. Cleaned the sensor as recommended but this is apparently a lower board problem as reported by hundreds of users.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm looking for a way to tie some pin hi or low on the board to totally disable this function.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

The machine will not work if you disable the speed sensor.

It will need to be correctly adjusted if cleaning did not help.

If adjusting does not help either then the speed sensor may be faulty and need replacing.

--------------------
Happy New Year!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.