Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

Get Err message in heart, Pace Master Platinum Pro 504

Customer Question
Get Err message in heart JA...
Get Err message in heart
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Pace Master Platinum Pro 504 P86304
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have no manual
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Need manual
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/3/2017
Exercise Equipment Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

There are man different error codes that you could be getting. Each one means a different thing. Here is a list of possible codes.

Error 101 Unsupported Interrupt
Unexpected event detected by the processor. (Similar to existing Trap error.)
1. do usual static check
2. add ferrite bead to motor leads
3. send wrist strap
Error 117 High Strobe Rate
Speed detected by the controller increased for 10 consecutive strobes while the speed was at least
0.1 mph above the target speed.
1. replace lower board
Error 118 High Strobe Acceleration
Strobe indicated acceleration greater than .075mph / 10 milliseconds for 12 consecutives 10
millisecond intervals.
1. replace lower board
Error 119 Strobe Failure
Strobe not detected by controller for about 5 seconds while the power supply indicated that the
belt was moving.
1. replace harness
2. replace speed sensor
3. replace lower board
Error 133 Command Timeout
The controller did not receive a response to a command within 0.5 seconds.
1. replace harness
2. replace lower board
Error 134 Communication Failure
The controller received an unrecognized or error response from power supply.
1. put ferrite bead on motor leads
2. replace harness
3. replace upper board
Error 136 Power Target
Incorrect speed or incline target reported by the power supply.
1. Put ferrite bead on motor leads
2. replace lower board
Error 149 Keypad Failure
Depressed keys detected at power-up.
1. check that keys were not being pressed when magnet was inserted
2. replace membrane
Error 151 Belt Start Timeout
The controller was not able to start the belt within 8 seconds after the Start button was pressed.
1. replace lower board
Error 152 Belt Stop Timeout
The belt was still moving 60 seconds after the controller sent the Stop command.
1. replace lower board
Error 153 EEPROM Error
An error occurred during writing or erasing of the flash EEPROM.
1. replace upper board
Error 165 EPROM Format
The flash could not be reprogrammed because the EPROM format was not valid.
1. Use a different EPROM
2. replace upper board
Error 166 EPROM Execution
An error occurred during flash reprogramming.
1. Use a different EPROM
2. replace upper board
Error 167 Flash Programming Interrupted
Flash reprogramming was started but not completed.
1. try again
2. use different EPROM
Power Supply Errors
Errors detected in the power supply are categorized according to the nature of the error and the
resultant response as follows:
1. Non-volatile Fatal Errors
For this category of failures, drive to the belt motor will stop immediately when the error is
detected and power must be removed from the treadmill for a few seconds to clear the error.
Error 425 Runaway
An analog detection circuit indicated that the voltage across the power FET stayed low.
1. replace lower board
2. replace motor
Error 426 High Voltage
An analog reading indicated that the motor voltage remained high while the relay was turned off.
1. replace lower board
Error 427 High Acceleration
Software determined that the speed increased by at least .150mph for 5 consecutive control
intervals (20 milliseconds).
1. replace lower board
2. Fatal Errors
detected.
Error 297 High Speed
Software determined that the speed was at least 1.0mph above the internal sub-target. The time
to flag an error depends on the belt speed. At high belt speeds, the high speed error will set in a
minimum of 160 milliseconds while at slow speeds, the high speed error sets in a maximum of
500 milliseconds.
1. make sure user did not “push” the belt faster than the motor was trying to drive it.
2. replace lower board
Error 298 No Strobe
No valid strobe detected for 100milliseconds and the last valid strobe indicated a speed of over
0.4 mph.
1. make sure there is no dust in the sensor wheel
2. replace speed sensor
3. replace lower board
Error 299 Strobe Noise
Five consecutive strobes were outside of the acceptable strobe window.
2. replace speed sensor
3. install ferrite bead on motor leads
4. replace lower board
replace lower board Error 300 Low Voltage
An analog reading indicated that the dc voltage to the belt motor dropped while the belt was
running.
1. check that they are using a dedicated line
2. check they are not using an extension cord that is too small
3. replace lower board
Error 301 No PWM Motion
Belt motion was detected when the voltage was enabled with no drive to the power FET.
1. make sure user did not “push” the belt during start up
2. replace lower board
Error 302 No Volts Motion
Belt motion was detected when the FET was driven with the voltage disabled.
2. replace lower board
Error 303 Stopping Timeout
Belt failed to slow to a stop within 60 seconds.
1. replace lower board
Error 304 Remote Start
Remote enable signal from the controller did not perform the correct start-up sequence.
1. re-seat harness on lower board
2. replace harness
3. replace lower board
Error 305 Remote Run
Remote enable went down (shut off the belt motor voltage) while the belt was running.
1. re-seat harness on lower board
2. replace harness
3. replace lower board
Error 306 Soft Start
Soft start circuit failed to charge the capacitor at start-up.
1. replace lower board
Error 307 Belt Stalled
The belt stopped for 1 second while belt speed control was active or failed to start moving within
3 seconds at startup.
1. check that belt was not being “held” during startup
2. replace lower board
Error 265 controller communication Timeout
The controller did not communicate with the power supply for five seconds
1. replace upper board
4. Incline Errors
For this category of failures, incline control will be disabled but belt speed control will continue
to function.
Error 217 Incline Control
No incline change detected while adjusting incline position.
1. in test mode check that pot reading changes when up/down buttons pressed
2. replace elevation pot (motor)
3. replace lower board
Error 218 Incline Timeout
Incline did not reach target within time limit.
2. replace elevation pot (motor)
3. replace lower board
Error 219 Incline Position
Analog reading of incline position is invalid
2. replace elevation pot (motor)
3. replace lower board

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer