Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

Life Fitness 91Ti Treadmill won't start up. When the power

Customer Question
button is switched on, the...
Life Fitness 91Ti Treadmill won't start up. When the power button is switched on, the display keeps resetting.
Life Fitness 91Ti Treadmill resets during use with a message on the display stating "INIT"
In addition, there is a clicking sound when this occurs (like a relay).
I took the cover off, and LED 2 blinks off when the reset occur when the reset happens.
When the reset does not happen and the treadmill is running, LED 2 flickers.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
10/30/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Michael, Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Is the clicking coming form the main board, or the motor driver board?

Also how old is your Treadmill?

And has it had a lot of use, and did the motor sound normal just before this failure?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This question is for Louie.
Exercise Equipment Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, as the described symptom almost always is caused by an internal hardware issue, please confirm that you would be comfortable attempting a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter?

For a DIY, please post back with pictures of the control board and the console circuit board clear enough to be able to read the labels. Click HERE.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Louie, can you please reopen the question?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Louie, I do have a multimeter and am comfortable using it.

Hi again,

Appreciate the post back.

Bear with me as am currently mobile sluggish Internet if at all.

Will check photos and videos soon as I get back to my regular workstation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Louie

Cheers.

Can you provide a clear picture of the whole console board please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Louie,
When I take the large cover off the treadmill, there was only 1 board. Where would I find the console board? (I took more photos of the board that was there)
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician