Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My preform xp 580 display cycles from p 5 to p 8 then to

Customer Question

my preform xp 580 display cycles from p 5 to p 8 then to zero and continues to repeat??
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Xp 580?

Also are you saying its turning on and off by itself, and wont do anythign else?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the unit is a 24855 preform xp 580 its about 5yrs old. like I said the display cycles from p5 to p8 then to 00 and continues to repeat by its self and if you touch any button all it does is just advance the cycle. yes it comes on and off with the key. I have tried the manufacturer settings of hold the stop button then apply the key, that didn't work, tried the speed down apply the key that didn't work(held the button down all different amounts of time) also tried the calibration mode and that didn't work. checked the speed sensor that is fine, the circuit board for the drive motor has a constant red led light if that means anything, tried powering on and off with the cord multiple times that did nothing. display continues to stay frozen in this pattern
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for all that information. Unfortunately the problem is the console.

In this case the console has a failed component. They only sell new consoles for this not electronic parts individually.

That said, you need a new console. Its easy to replace, no soldering required everything plugs into the console.

I will help if you need me, no extra cost ;-)

The best place to get the new console for this model is: Treadmill Doctor:

TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST

(###) ###-####/p>

Its best to call for this part ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael