Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I haven't been on my tread climber in awhile but thought I

Customer Question
would start. This 5500 has...
I haven't been on my tread climber in awhile but thought I would start. This 5500 has maybe 10 hrs total on it.However, when I plug it in, I've hit reset and pick my workout it goes 3 then 2 then 1 then clicks off. I've tried other work outs it does the same thing
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: we bought it I guess when it came out and y'all were advertising it. It's been here in my living room covered up ever since
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 5500 treadclimber
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello
10/17/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 1 year ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician

Hi sounds like you need a new motor control board. Very common on these machines to break...

You can order one from www.fitnessrepairparts.com or www.treadmilldoctor.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But this machine has hardly ever been used, I may have 10 hrs on it and that's stretching it.

Most likely it was a power surge that burnt it out, They are very sensitive. Did you have it plugged into a surge protector?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had it unplug and the plug stored up on top of the machine

Well sometimes it can happen when electronics sit unused for a long period of time. These are low quality machines with cheap circuit boards in them. I have repaired thousands of them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great, I guess lesson learned. With shipping to Alaska we have 5000 bucks! Wonderful to hear that it's low quality. Not your fault but just aggravating

wow! thats the most expensive one i have ever heard of...

Is it more than 1 year old?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
5000 bucks invested in this machine is what I meant to sayYes we bought this about 5 years old but I just never used it. It's always been in my living room tucked in a corner and I never plugged it in except when I first got the machine. So it's been taken care of just not used
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thought I would fire it back up and start using it.

Ahh gotcha, well you can see if they still have parts at either of those sites, but being that old parts will be hard to come by

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok,thx

please rate my answer, thanks!

J.T.
J.T.
J.T., Technician