Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have a Weslo Pro 13.8e Elliptical. It has been well

Customer Question
treated and unfortunately has gotten...
I have a Weslo Pro 13.8e Elliptical. It has been well treated and unfortunately has gotten little use due to the fact that I was suddenly and tragically widowed 4 years ago and my life turned upside down. It was working fine prior to my loss. Then was not used much for a bit, but still intermittently. My 5 year old (not very heavy) did climb on it a couple of times so she could touch the ceiling. I went to go use it recently and the pedals moved, but there was quite a bit of resistance. I thought, "Oh, nothing is coming up on the console. It must have gotten unplugged. Yep. It was. I plugged it in and console fired up fine and console was responsive but either the pedals were frozen at this point or very, very quickly turned to completely frozen. No weird noises or anything. Tried adjusting resistance and stride just for kicks, but nothing. I tend to be extremely handy, but I really don't know what is the most likely problem given little, but intermittent usage and no maltreatment. I like to have a working theory before I start taking things apart or if at all! When it was working, I was extremely happy with it and I have used a lot of ellipticals at the gym that just don't feel right. So I am really bummed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
9/18/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh, Technician

Hi!

Try replacing the batteries in the console. (It uses 4 D batteries)

If the batteries are not strong enough, it will lit up the console but it won't work properly. After replacing the batteries, let me know if it works again for you.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there were no batteries in there and severe corrosion. Checked my manual and am quite sure there were no longer batteries in there because I did opt to buy the optional AC adapter and used that in lieu of batteries. Examined the AC adapter I was using currently as suspected it could be wrong. Sure enough, discovered that while it powers up the console, according to online literature, it should be a 6V 2 amp AC adapter and that is not the one I was using, so had grabbed the wrong adapter when wanted to start using elliptical recently. I have millions of AC adapters around. LOL Couldn't easily find the correct one, went and bought 4 D batteries and they did not power console at all, but quite sure that is due to extensive corrosion on terminals from way back when I did use batteries. I did my best to try to get in there and clean off corrosion but it is pretty severe and hard to reach. I am wondering if the next step would be to just buy the proper AC adapter online instead of turning my house upside down.

Yes, I would try using the correct adapter as a next step since the battery area has severe corrosion.

You can buy one here: https://www.amazon.com/UpBright%C2%AE-Adapter-MOMENTUM-CADENCE-Ellipticals/dp/B00DNGLPOS

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Technician