Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

We recently moved and disassembled the NordicTrack 2000

Customer Question
treadmill that we have. Upon...
We recently moved and disassembled the NordicTrack 2000 treadmill that we have. Upon reassembly the treadmill will go through all the programs including elevation however the motor for the tread will not activate
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 2 days by:
9/20/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Herb, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, the motor itself can be tested by powering it with a 12V car battery:

• • if the motor turns with the battery, then the issue would either be with the wiring connections and/or on the controller;
  • • in some instances, the speed detector may also need checking/adjustment;
  • • carefully try manually turning the motor shaft to determine if it would spin freely.
Louie, Technician