J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have a Pro Form Model #PFTL39115.0 and the treadmill

Customer Question

I have a Pro Form Model #PFTL39115.0 and the treadmill generates an extremely hot smell after about 10 minutes of warm up use. No more than 2.5 miles per hour at zero incline. I took off the cowl covering the motor and control unit. The smell is coming from the motor attached to the belt. It is so strong my wife smells it all the way over on the other side of the house and it makes me gag while I am trying to exercise. I thought it might be because it was new, but after almost a month of 4 day per week use for 30-45 minutes, it still smells so bad I can't use it. What am I missing? What can I do to fix this?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like a defective unit. I would have the store swap it out for a new one
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
There should be very Little smell when they are new. If it's getting that got something was built wrong or a part is going bad and it could be a fire hazard.