Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have a relatively new C2950. Machine will stop when walked

Customer Question
I have a relatively new...
I have a relatively new C2950. Machine will stop when walked on then starts again when you get off. Nothing is slipping. Voltage to armature is dropping.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
8/22/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Chad,

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

Your symptoms indicate that the motor control board is failing when under load.

You can test this by connecting a normal incandescent light bulb to the voltage outputs from the board - if the light bulb also goes out when the motor is under load, this confirms that the circuit is failing when it goes under load, and the motor control board will need to be replaced.

If the machine is relatively new, then a replacement MCB may be covered under warranty.

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer