treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

I have a pecor 556 1 that gives me a 30 error. Ive reseated

Customer Question

Hi. I have a pecor 556 1 that gives me a 30 error. Ive reseated all the connectors and no dice
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: couple of days. happened after movin it across town
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just reseating the connectors to the circuit card. I'm not sure what the interconnect cable looks like
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am looking up the 30 error that is displaying on your Precor 556 V1 Elliptical. Please wait a few minutes until I post again...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a 556i NAVY
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That is an error that indicates a problem with, or between, two circuit boards. Specifically, it is often caused by a loose cable between the upper and the lower circuit boards.

Or by updating only one of those two boards, but not the other (If you have run no updates on either board, then you probably don't have this problem.)

Or, if the problem has always been present, it means both boards are the wrong revision level to work with each other (which I presume is not the case.)

Or, one of the two boards could be electronically 'broken'.

Let me know the immediately preceding history and behavior of the Precor elliptical in question, and I will interpret the error 30 further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was working fine except the front wobbles a bit.. I put it in my truck and moved it across town. When I set it back up, try to run a program and it say keep pedaling then error 30
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I run updates?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?