Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Nordictrack c1255 treadmill intermittently it will work most

Customer Question

Nordictrack c1255 treadmill intermittently it will work most of the time it will not lights on the display but nothing happens when I touch any of the other buttons service tech said we need to buy the entire console but I'm not sure he didn't seem real knowledgeable about NordicTrack
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: NordicTrack c2155
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Took it apart and checked all the connections to make sure nothing has come unplugged between the console and the motor xcetera
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Is there a fee for this
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Fitness Equipment Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I'm not sure about putting a credit card into a website I'm not familiar with
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This morning I hit the start button and it starting running at a speed of 1.5 but no other buttons would work. The stop button, the incline button or any of the speed buttons would not work either. Could not increase or decrease speed or change any settings or turn off the fan almost as if one of the buttons was stuck. Only thing I could do was remove key and it stopped working and then would not restart. This same thing keeps happening if it sits for a couple of days or weeks it will only come on but not be able to adjust anything. I am almost ready to give up. But the technician we hired to come look at it was not a nordic track specialist so he gave up and said we have to purchase a new console which is over $400.00.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

If the problem is intermittent it may just be due to loose wiring - check all of the cable connections, ensure they are securely attached, and look for any signs of damage.

Also check for any stuck buttons on the console.

If the cables are good and there are no stuck buttons then the fault is within the console and it will need to be replaced.
--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------