Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have opened up the cover of my treadmill with error

Customer Question
message e21. Is there...
I have opened up the cover of my treadmill with error message e21. Is there a diagram of the inside so i can see what the sensor is, etc??
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: nordictrac powertread 1750
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: so it powers up, and starts for a few secs... it moves, then it stops with e21 message.
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: it seems like a common issue here, i just dont know what the speed sensor looks like to check, and where the magnet to check is... so wondering if there is a diagram
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
7/30/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 1 year ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician
It's a bad Motor control board
It's a bad Motor control board
Very easy to fix. Just remove the old board with all the wires and install the new board in reverse order.
You can order from fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was reading the comments that it could be the speed sensor comma or possibly a magnet? How do I check this
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What I was looking for was some kind of diagram the guts so I can check the things people are telling me to check
The Little sensor next to the front roller. There is a Little magnet in the front roller itself. There is a diagram on those web sites I sent but it's not the sensor. Unless you moved the Treadmill and broke the wires. It's your lower board
I replace about 30 boards a week
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have moved the treadmill quite a few times when moving homes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It Powers up runs for a few seconds I can increase the speed at cetera and then it stops and gives me the E21 message
When was the last time it worked
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to pay an extra $26 to talk to you on the phone?
If it Works one day. Then not the next, and nothing has changed then it's the board. Sensors and wires don't go bad just sitting there. The boards do
I'm not sure what the prices are. I have nothing to do with billing. I just get emails when questions are asked in my category.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't tried to use it in Years actually it wouldn't do anything but flicker when I plugged it in and then no power after that. Played around with it a little bit not sure what I did but now all the sudden I do get power and it works just for like I said about 10 seconds then I get the error
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way I can take a picture of something specific and send it to you on here and if you want after that we can get on the phone
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay let me go take a quick look at it give me a few minutes
Then most likely the board is fried from sitting so long. Honestly being that old it may not be cost effective to Repair. Lots of Parts go bad just from sitting. Belts, bearings etc.
Treadmills only last 8-10 years. And being a Nordic track they are the very low end of Quality treadmills.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the average cost of a board see if it's worth fixing or just getting a new one
Usually a few hundred
If it's even available. Check those sites for prices and availability
Honestly I would just put it on craigslist and try to get a couple bucks for it and look for a new one. Then you have a Warranty
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The guts are really filthy so I'm just going to scrap this and get a new one but thank you for your help
No problem have a great day
J.T.
J.T.
J.T., Technician