Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

Help. I have a nordictrack GX 5.5 sport spin bike. I need

Customer Question
Help. I have a nordictrack GX...
Help.
I have a nordictrack GX 5.5 sport spin bike. I need another "brake pad", my term. The pad is about 8-10 inches long, about an inch wide, and about a quarter inch thick. The pad wraps around a metal bracket and causes resistance against the flywheel. I also need the adhesive tape that secures the pad to the bracket. I have had very little success working with the nordictrack repair website in the past. I have been securing a thin piece of carpet as a brake pad but this wears out after four or five workouts. I'm getting fatter and I really need the correct brake pad and adhesive tape and I am willing to purchase more than one.
Thanks in advance for helping me.
George Tomyn
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
7/23/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Michael, Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

Hi George , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

The best place to get a new "PAD" for the resistance system is: Treadmill Doctor.

I woudl call them to order this part so you are sure to get the correct one.

Also if you call, they ship the same day in most cases so you will have it soon;-)

Please call Treadmill Doc at:

TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST

(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you

Tech Michael

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great weekend George!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician