Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a knock in the crank of my Pro-Form XP 185 U exercise

Customer Question

I have a knock in the crank of my Pro-Form XP 185 U exercise bike. It is heard when the left pedal is at 6:00. Also I can hear the knock when I grab both pedals and shake the crank. On your exploded drawing it shows two spanner type nuts on the left hand side, if I see if they can be tighten will this eliminate the knock or is there is something else to look for? It don't appear to be a bearing problem as when I turn the crank manually I don't hear or feel a grinding noise.
How do you remove the side panel from the bike? I removed all the screws and even the front and rear stabilizers and still can't find the correct position to put the crank in to slip panel over it. It is not as simple as shown in your manual
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hello Donald,

Welcome to JustAnswer!

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

---------------------

If you shift your foot pressure to the front or the rear of the pedal does the knocking sound get better or worse?

You can try adjusting the two nuts and ensure every part is securely attached and in place.

If that doesn't help, then there is a mechanical misalignment somewhere else and you will need to try and observe where exactly the clash is occurring.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?