J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have a Apex4100i model NTTL18906 purchased new with about

Customer Question

I have a Apex4100i model NTTL18906 purchased new with about 50 miles on it. I want to start using it again. It will run perfectly for 4.5 to 5.5 minutes and then the belt stops. This occurs while walking at 3-4 MPH or jogging 5-6 MPH. About 6 weeks after purchase in 2002 it similarly stopped and a technician installed a new motor controller and I had no trouble afterwards until I stopped using it. The parts catalog no longer lists a motor controller. How can I fix this or get it fixed?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not receive an answer to my question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete sent a message saying he had answered my questions. However, no answer was attached nor has an answer followed by separate email. Why can't I receive a response?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for replying back to me. You were offline when I responded to your question earlier.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you see a part number marked on the motor controller itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for replying. I took off the motor controller bracket with controller. A label on the bracket says Icon Health & Fitness, Inc. Mfg by ATR Manufacturing ( China) Co. LTD Motor Speed Controller Model - MC-2000H. The Circuit Board is approximately 6" X 3 5/8 "
A label inside the bracket next to the controller is 005- 0249-MC 2000H. There is a brown capacitor 1 3/4" tall marked 1500 and 200 the letters after the numbers are obscured. No other numbers anywhere.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The one for Sears is not like mine. I do not have a top half as in the Sears. The Sears has many more wires. My CB has some similarities with the bottom half of the Sears. It has thin black, whiite and red wires to plug left of the capacitor; capacitor is same location;blue & white wires on right bottom as the Sears; red & black wires are pluged into CB on left in same manner as the aforementioned blue and white; small white retengular device with numbers & letters is in same location. I noted at the ICON website different numbers for Sears parts. The Sears MC is not as clean looking as mine and is probably older technology
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I haven't been able to find an exact match for yours; let me check if the other techs can assist...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the part which is number 183552 on TreadmillParts.com on the top line of Motor Controllers.. I assume it is the same part because of its number. My treadmill il in excellent condition. Is a faulty motor controller the most likely cause of it stopping after only a few minutes.?
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Fitnessrepairparts.com has your controller for sale. This should get you up and running but it will not be for long. The treadmill is very old and all of the parts are most likely worn out. The bearings, belts etc. Anything that sits for that long, regardless of condition will not be in the same shape without some parts needing to be replaced. Being that it is a lower end unit, I honestly would not invest any kind of money into it.

Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

The average lifespan of a treadmill is only 8-12 years. Even our top of the line $9,500 treadmills would be in the same boat your in. Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks.