Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Lifespan 1200i treadmill that is a little over a

Customer Question

I have a Lifespan 1200i treadmill that is a little over a year old. About a month ago I started getting a dc-9 error code and it has continued just abut every day I use it. As per the troubleshooting guide I found online, I would disconnect the wires from the control panel to the circuit board which would solve the problem. But it was getting old real fast. The treadmill was also slow to get up to speed. However, today the control panel stopped working. It turns on, but none of the buttons work. I cannot get the treadmill to do anything. Also, on the circuit board there is a green light that flashes is solid green with one blink. It would be great if you had a quick fix but I presume there will be a part I need to replace (at minimum).
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dale,

This error code indicates a power supply problem. To resolve it, please try the following:

1. Power OFF and ON.
  2. If the error is still showing, turn the treadmill OFF and unplug from the wall outlet. Find the cable that goes between the board under the motor cover and the console. Unplug any connections and replug.
  3. If the error code is still shown then the machine will need to be serviced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already know that about the error code as I clearly stated I did that in my original email.
The problem is that the control panel buttons do not work. the control panel turns on and appears as if it is ready to be used. however, when I push the start button, nothing happens. no buttons work at all.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Do any of the buttons appear to be stuck down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me check if the other techs have any idea on this.