Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

Treadmill has been in storage years. Plugged it in, and

Customer Question
Treadmill has been in storage...
Treadmill has been in storage for several years. Plugged it in, and display lights up, then shows a E on the right side . Nothing works. This is a C2100 model, and has had very little use. Paid $1000.00 for the darn thing at sears, and it's like brand new...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have been playing with it, checking connections and plugging and unplugging. Hoping to have it reset. Display now will come on, but only 2 mph button works and stop button works, nothing else.
6/15/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the treadmill was disassembled and reassembled in the least for storage, then you should check all aspects of its assembly and reassembly in detail and with care.

Re-seating all connectors, period, (-with the power Off!) would be ideal if the storage it was in was the least bit of either damp or dusty or both.

Would you like to try a reset of the console?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been trying to figure that out. No disassembly was ever done to treadmill. I tried seating the connections on the console, as well as turning power on and off several times. It now comes on, and can get it to run but controls still don't work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you going to tell me how to reset the console?

Well, I had an additional thought. If it was stored for several years, and if it is the sort of console that has internal batteries, then you would probably (in that case) have to replace the batteries.

Check for a battery hatch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No battery hatch. Do you even know the model nordic trac C2100?

The general result of my research is, that you can recalibrate the incline, but there is no console reset as such.

I know the model, yes, thanks.

The console may simply be gone-bad. It is admitted to be a frequent problem with this model, the C2100.

Russell H., Service Tech