Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I'm am trying to remove the battery from my precore cross

Customer Question

I'm am trying to remove the battery from my precore cross trainer
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can see the battery but I can't get the compartment it in fully off I think I have all the screws off
JA: Is there anything else the Fitness Equipment Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Which Precor crosstrainer model do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Efx546i
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I think we can do it through text message
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thanks :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
You will need to remove the screws that secure the rear cover, and take it off. Then disconnect the red battery lead from the terminal on the circuit board followed by the black battery lead from the other terminal.If you haven't already got a replacement battery, you can get one from:http://www.azbatterystore.com/Precor-EFX542i_EFX544_EFX546_or_EFX546i_Ver._A.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get the cover off I have the front piece off by the Cacan not get to the back off to remove the battery
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Once the screws are removed, can you feel the plastic clips that hold the cover on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I figured it out on my own thank you
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear you got it sorted!Best,Pete.