Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I OWN A Nordic Track 9600 Incline Trainer. The belt will not

Customer Question

I OWN A Nordic Track 9600 Incline Trainer. The belt will not start any more. I opened the motor area and noticed that as soon as I push the green START button the second little light starts flashing on the component that has a sticker on it that says WARNING HIGH VOLTAGE. Also on that component, the first and third lights are on all the time when I have power to the Treadmill. And as soon as I push the green START button, the second red light starts flashing, but the belt does not move.
Can you advise what the problem and solution is.
Thank you.
John.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The part with the warning label is almost certainly the power supply. As the warning says, do not meddle with it at all, or touch any part of it - esp. when the machine is plugged in at all to the power or any light is showing on it. That flashing light's indication is uncertain, but quite possibly it means a slight overload has been detected and the power supply is in protection mode against the bad effects of a continued overload, and has shut down one voltage in response. From the context that you describe, it is almost certain. The motor for the belt might have a shorted winding, and that could cause both the power supply to go into protection mode when Start is pressed, and also the shorted winding would cause the belt motor not to move the belt.This means, basically, that you need an able and educated electronics tech with treadmill motor experience and ability, to test that motor's windings for a short with (of course) the treadmill turned Off and unplugged.