Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

Vision Fitness treadmill, don't know how old it is, probably

Customer Question
10+ yrs. Track was going...
Vision Fitness treadmill, don't know how old it is, probably 10+ yrs. Track was going off to one side, I let that go for a while & finally fixed by leveling & reducing tension on the track. But now it suddenly "grabs" at random times while running, strong enough to throw me off if I didn't hold the bar all the time. How can this be fixed?
Bill
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
4/16/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Do you mean that the belt stops short for a moment, or 'binds' ? That may be damaged bearings in the rotating parts that the belt runs along, unfortunately. You see, if the belt was too tight before, then those bearings may have been damaged. As it is... you may need to get the manual for your Vision Fitness treadmill and apply periodic lubrication according to that. All exercise machines need periodic lubrication to keep running properly. Or, worse, the bearings may simply have been damaged by the belt being too tight. The belt might still be too tight. The belt might need readjusting and also lubrication (with the special, non-grease, lubricant these treadmill belts generally require.)The belt should be adjusted, generally speaking, so that it is loose enough that it does not quite slip, but nearly that loose. If the belt is adjusted (or, has shrunk up with age, and lack of lubricant...) too tightly, then it can stop the treadmill from working or running. An over-tight treadmill belt can cause wear, or even damage, in many other ways, such as by overheating the motor or stressing the bearings.
Russell H., Service Tech