Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

My eliptical thrown E6 code, When I first turn it on it

Customer Question
My eliptical thrown E6...
My eliptical thrown E6 code
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I first turn it on it starts and then it goes beep and then it has a E6 error code it's a Life Fitness X7 eliptical
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fitness Equipment Technician should know?
Customer: I found two broken wires going to the hydraulic unit on one side I splice them back together and it used to say e3 code but now it's doing a E 6 after I put the wires back
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
3/21/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

The E6 error code indicates a fault with the limit switches or possibly the cable in the link arm.

Check the wire where its exposed going from link arm into the crank arm - there should be a felt-like coating on it.

If it is damaged it will need to be replaced.

Pete, Electronic Engineer