J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

How do I replace the battery in a Lifecycle C9i exercise

Customer Question

how do I replace the battery in a Lifecycle C9i exercise bike?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The 9 volt battery for the display on the bars of the bicycle goes in underneath the display (on the bottom of it).

You can also see the 7th page (pages are not numbered, simply scroll to the 2nd to last page) of the manual at the link below to see where the battery installs:

https://www.lifefitness.es/static-assets/document/manuals/C9iAssemblyInstructions_12-07-05.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the battery is lower on the machine, under the shroud, not in th back of the display.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Did you look at the manual I posted above?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no 9v battery where the manual shows it on the bike I have. The bike has the designation"C9i" on the housing.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, digging deeper here.....

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Yes that manual I posted states specifically it is for the C9i. The following manual ALSO states it's for the C9i (shown on the first page of the manual). Look at that page and view specifically where they show the 9 volt battery:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1NOzHVaVwS.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

On the cover of that manual it states: "C9i, C7i Exercise Bikes Assembly Instructions".

The 5th page in shows the exploded view of the bike. It also shows only ONE battery (a 9 volt) and shows it's location. Are you able to see that on the page of the manual? If so, are you saying your C9i is different than the C9i they show?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think its different. There isn't a battery door where that manual shows it.
I ordered a battery and it is not the standard 9v battery shown.
I have done a lot of looking on line and I think the battery goes near where your right foot is when riding the bike, behind the cover. I don't know why my bike is different than the one shown in your manual. This whole thing is confusing. I'm not sure how to get the cover off to get at the battery, but some diagrams show it to be where I described.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
The Battery is not a 9 volt it's a 6 volt. Your Battery is either on the bottom or inside the machine. Tip the unit on it's side. On the very bottom there may be the Battery. It's Black with a wire at each end.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
If you see nothing then you need to buy a star bit or torque bit. I believe it's a t 25 but I'm not 100% on that.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
Take out all the screws on both sides. You should be able to pull apart the plastics enough to see the Battery and change it out
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
You will need a flat head screwdriver to remove the 2 screws holding the Battery
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
Then unplug the wires
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.
Re install in reverse order