Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

How do I fix error code E1 on my New Balance recumbant model…

Customer Question
How do I fix...

How do I fix error code E1 on my New Balance recumbant model 6500r?

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Fitness Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The display show E1 and beeps continually when plugged in

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Fitness Equipment Technician should be aware of?

No. The bike has been working fine until this failure last week.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
3/14/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This may mean that the belt was too tight (whether from shrinkage, wrong adjustment, or lack of lubrication) and that something, either a fuse, or certain elements in the console or in the control board, has or have burned out.

Check for a blown fuse first.

Second, check and adjust the belt:

The solution that you should try first, is that the belt might need readjusting and lubrication (with the special, non-grease, lubricant these treadmill belts generally require.)

The belt should be adjusted, generally speaking, so that it is loose enough that it does not quite slip, but nearly that loose.

If the belt is adjusted (or, has shrunk up with age, and lack of lubricant...) too tightly, then it can stop the treadmill from working or running. An over-tight treadmill belt can cause wear, or even damage, in many other ways, such as by overheating the motor.