Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Life Fitness 91Ti Treadmill won't start up. When the power

Customer Question

Life Fitness 91Ti Treadmill won't start up. When the power button is switched on, the display keeps resetting.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brandon and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie, yes to both. I'm an engineer and have a done a bit of tinkering. Sorry for the slow response, I missed your email.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi again Brandon,

Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) would be to check for the presence and consistency of the voltages at connector P1 of the console circuitry :

• • +8V @ pins 3 & 4;
  • • +12 @ pin 9.

A friendly reminder: voltage measurements by its very nature would require that the unit be plugged in , turned on and therefore LIVE! Please exercise due care and caution.

Incidentally, do you have an electronic copy of the service manual? Can you please upload?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie, I will take a look this evening. I do not have the service manual. I have been trying to look at manuals online, but have not found one I can download.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the post back and would look forward to an update when able.

And thank you for your kind understanding of delays in my replies as frequently mobile with sluggish Internet connection (if at all available).