Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Nordictrack incline trainer x10, Yes, it's stuck in the top

Customer Question

Nordictrack incline trainer x10
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, it's stuck in the top incline position. When I plug it in, it sounds like it's trying to move, but does not
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That could be a defective motor controller board in the treadmill's incline motor control.

But I admit I do not know as much as I should about this sort of problem... the controller may simply be defective, but it may also be that the sensing of the position of the incline is not being fed back properly to the motor controller, too.

So a check on the incline sensor is advisable. And also a calibration of the incline could be tried.

Since I do not know enough about this problem, I have Opted Out, re-opening the case to other Experts in this category. (This does not cut off communication, and I can still see and respond to your further postings, as necessary.)

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am Tech Michael,

I would be happy to help you.

I read the correspondence between you and the last technician.

On this model, in most cases, this is a bad motor driver board.

But to be sure about this, I need to know what happens when you try to command the incline form the console?

Does the console show it seems to be trying to send the commands to the incline motor or does it show different things, abnormal?

Thank you

Tech Michael