Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a recumbent exercise bike, but it will not change…

Customer Question
I have a recumbent exercise...
I have a recumbent exercise bike, but it will not change resistance. I have it taken apart, and the tension motor is working and the tension cable is moving and I can see it moving the other end of the cable that is attached to the flywheel. However, even though it moves when I change the resistance on the screen the resistance remains the same. How do I fix this? The screen says it has changed resistance as well
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
2/29/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would assume that the 'brake' inside the wheel is defective, for whatever reason.

But that might be a wrong assumption, perhaps.

And I regret that I do not know how to disassemble or service the 'brake' within the flywheel, so I have Opted Out again, in favor of another Expert or in deference to a more informed opinion.