Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a Horizon Omega treadmill and it's giving me an E1…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a Horizon Omega treadmill and it's giving me an E1 error, I've taken the hood off and when I power it up i get all ZEROS with 2 red lights on, but if I press the speed button to get it started a third light comes on and after a few seconds it goes into E1 error. No movement at all. My name is ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I think I gave you all I can, what else do you need?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
2/20/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Julio,

E1 indicates a possible problem with the speed sensor, near the motor. You will need to check the speed sensor for proper alignment, cleanliness and function. It should be located near the front roller or mounted on the motor. It should be within a credit cards width of the magnet or toothed wheel. If it is properly adjusted then test with a multi-meter to see if it is opening and closing correctly by manually spinning the front roller or motor flywheel. If the sensor is not responding when tested then it will need to be replaced.

Didn't work, but I just discovered if I push the belt and while it's in movement turn the speed on it works, however it will not turn on it's own

Ok, then something is causing the belt to drag - has the machine been serviced recently?

If the belt is worn underneath, it will need to be replaced.

Have you tried applying some belt lubricant to the underside of the belt?

But the motor doesn't turn at all unless assisted

Ok one more test - remove the belt completely from the motor and check if it turns on its own;

if it will still not turn unassisted then the motor has a fault and will need to be replaced.