Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My name is ***** ***** and my healthrider r65 control panel

Customer Question

Hi! My name is ***** ***** and my healthrider r65 control panel lights up but does not respond to buttons. I have removed the panel, taken out and put back in the ribbons as instructed but that did not work. There is an empty black plug in the back panel. Could that be the issue?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: After removing the back panel, there are several wires hooked up from the front console. There is also a small black plug next to the wires that are hooked up. There is noting plugged into it. Should there be?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

If you haven't already done so, you should check that all ribbons and plugs are securely attached, and none of the ribbons or wiring is damaged.

If all seems ok, then the next step is to try fitting a replacement console.