Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My NTL61009 NordicTrack T5 zi is making a fairly large noise

Customer Question

Hello my NTL61009 NordicTrack T5 zi is making a fairly large noise that seems to be coming from the circuit board. Also cuts off and on while I am using it. Can't tell for sure but the there is a component on the circuit board that is round, about 2 inches tall and roughly 1 inch in diameter that seems to be the source of the noise and vibration. There is so much vibration on the circuit board that what ever component i touch seem to make noise go away ...... Until intake pressure away then it returns. Any suggestions ?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Exercise Equipment category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Is this on the control board in the base? If so, it could be a capacitor. Here is a picture of the motor control board. Let me know if this is where the sound is coming from:

If that is the part, it's a pretty common problem. Here is the replacement board:

http://amzn.to/1mevFN7