Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Fitline elliptical wont turn on
, its plugged in and…

Customer Question
Fitline elliptical wont turn...

Fitline elliptical wont turn on

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Its plugged in and has power to the plug bout wont turn on... even when 'running' on it it was moved recently, wondering if cable was dislodged

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
can also be reached by cell at(###) ###-####
2/3/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Exercise Equipment category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

I would say I help at least a person a day with a similar problem after moving. And more than 9 times out of 10 (closer to 10, since I can't recall a different reason), it is caused by a wire being pinched or a plug being disconnected. If you have the patience, check the continuity of the cables from the console or any wires that run through the frame and you will find your problem. Repair or replace and you will be good to go. Let me know if you have any questions.

I can't test anything until later tonight or tomorrow night but so far I've tested the following. Tested that there is power from the wall (yes); tested that there is power outlet from the powerpack (yes, I *think it was about 5v). tried to trace the cables into the frame. The cables all seem to be plugged in where there are adapters at the base of the frame and midway up by the plastic housing. Not sure what specific tests I can do for continuity up through the frame as a cant really get access inside. what are best ways to test the power from the adapter at the base up to the electronics panel?

The best way to do that is to disconnect the wires at both ends and then just use a meter probe at either end to make sure the wires are not broken. The probes will send a small amount of voltage through to test whether they are connected (wire is good) or not (wire is bad).