Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My treadmill tripped the circuit breaker in my electrical…

Customer Question
my treadmill tripped the circuit...
my treadmill tripped the circuit breaker in my electrical panel during regular use. the electrician diagnosed the problem as the treadmill motor being damaged does this make sense and if so how expensive is it usually to replace the motor or does it just make sense to buy a new treadmill?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/30/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

Hi I'm sorry to hear that.

Let me ask, how did the motor sound just prior to this failure?

Thanks

Tech Michael

my son was on the treadmill at the time he didn't notice any unusual sounds he had just put the tread on a steep incline setting before it shorted out

Thanks sorry for the delay, I would not suspect the motor in this case, it sounds more like the motor driver board that you will end up needing. Its cheaper than the motor by a lot, and I would replace both the motor and the driver board if you need to change the motor as well. But, at this time, I would only order the motor driver board;-)

chances are that all that is wrong.

The best place to get that board is: Treadmill Doctor:

TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST

(###) ###-####

If you need another source please let me know, they shoudl have that motor driver board for you;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Evening!

Tech Michael

Ok but what about installation? Does treadmill Doctor offer that?

Hi unfortunately they don't offer service;-(

If you are handy and have a few basic tools you can do this with my help its easy. But if you don't want to do that you can have Sears install that part or if you just knwo someone handy they can do this. Once you have the part, you can contact me again for advice while you make the repair;-)

Please rate kindly at this time so we can remain on this with you, there is NO cost for Rating in a kind fashion, and it is the only way I am credited for my time with you.

Thank you

Tech Michael