Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Problem is similar to the one on the website, with an E01…

Customer Question
Problem is similar to...

Problem is similar to the one on the website, with an E01 fault, there are 2 little LED type lights, one may work for incline.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Motor will not normally even start but when reset may do 1 revolution & stop

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
The thing just worked for 30 secs & had an E2 error come up & a message please check signal wire (all look OK)
1/28/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Simon,

What is the make and model number of the equipment, please?

Hi Pete,
This thing is a Cintura Sport machine, Motorized Treadmill T.S, (can't find a serial No), 220v-50hz 1.5kw, the motor is a Leeson ZYT124/19, hope this helps

Hi Simon,
The E2 error code indicates the console is not receiving a signal from the speed sensor on the back of the motor.
First, check if the motor is turning. If it is, then check if the sensor is positioned correctly to detect the speed.
Check all the wire connectors first. Sometimes the wires in the connector can come loose and will not make contact.

Hello Pete,
Thank you for the reply, I have pretty much gone through through all the connections & the Motor does turn, in fact it will run for a sew seconds "sometimes" when the Treadmill is turned off (re-set), I have also cleaned the small black (what appears to be the sensor) & adjusted it close to the belt drive wheel (the one with the 2 circular metal I would think pick ups), after a re-set the console still says press start, when started it may run for a couple of seconds & the spot & say an E-01 or an E-02, would this be the little black sensor or something else. this machine has not been overly used & is fairly clean in the motor area, Motor brushes look fairly chunky & clean as well, I have checked the lead & connection from the console to the main business area & all the connections on the card (green electric card with the 2 red lights on), what next to doo ???
Simon

Hi Simon,

Can you use a voltmeter to check if the speed sensor is sending a signal back to the console?