Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Nordic track c2255 uneven speed
, well, i run at 5.4

Customer Question

Customer: nordic track c2255 uneven speed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well, i run at 5.4 mph. But for the first minute or so, the speed doesn't stabilize. It's all over the place, and then gradually settles down to 5.4 mph.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sort of behavior is abnormal.

Now, in these treadmills, a speed sensor error often disables the treadmill altogether. This happens when the rotation speed of a rotating part inside the treadmill is not sensed by the circuitry (for one of several reasons.) So, it stops, and shows an error code.

But, if the speed sensor is simply marginal in performance, and misses a few rotations now and then, the speed will be sensed briefly as too low and the treadmill may speed up briefly in response - and then the speed sensor being fully back online and working, it will sense the speed is too fast and slow down again.

So the speed sensor being somewhat near being inoperative, but not quite, could cause the problem you have asked about.

Or, it could mean you have a defective, erratic, motor controller board.

So I think what is needed is, to have the 'mill opened up, and the speed sensor's alignment examined. It needs to be aligned (if it is the magnetic kind of sensor switch, that closes when it is near a magnet on the spinning portion of the machinery) so that it is merely a credit card's thickness away from the magnet on each revolution of the parts of the 'mill. If slightly farther away, if the gap is greater, the problem you ask about could happen.

Then if that is adjusted but it still behaves erratically, the motor controller board being replaced would need to be tried.