Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Pacemaster pro select error code 174
, treadmill will

Customer Question

Customer: Dave pacemaster pro select error code 174
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: treadmill will not start at all When I press enter i get a beeping noise and error code 4 or 174 displayed in the data window
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Exercise Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to delete my request. I have not received an answer yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

There are only three Pacemaster error codes that start with 4.

Err Code 40 – (Trap Error) – Upper circuit board problems.
1. Retest. If the error still occurs:
2. Remove the 2 Isolator spacers and the 8 insulator bushings between the handlebar and the frame (See the ProSelect/ProElite owners manual page 5).
3. Install the ground wire kit (See Ground Wire Installation Sheet)
4. If the error still occurs replace the control panel circuit board with updated software chip.
5. Replace Membrane
In some cases the wire harness can cause the error code.
Err Code 41 – (Bad Configuration) - Upper circuit board problems.
1. Retest.
2. If the error still occurs replace the control panel circuit board.
Err Code 42 - (EE Error) – Upper circuit board problems.
1. Retest.
3. In some cases the wire harness can cause the error code.
Err Code 43 and 44 – Replace the control panel circuit board.
Error Code 50 – Elevation Error is out of range. See Elevation Test Mode and follow steps
1-7 to clear the error code. Update the software chip.

There isn't one that I know of or that I can find that is "174". Is it possible that it says anything else?

Here is a full reference to the error codes. Maybe this will help you make sense of what you are seeing. If anything looks like it might match what you see, let me know and we can go from there.

http://bitli.es/23i4j5