Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

It's the e1 error message on the Horizon t101 treadmill the…

Customer Question
***** ***** It's the...

***** ***** It's the e1 error message on the Horizon t101 treadmill the treadmill starts and the belt moves, but as soon as i step on the belt, it stops

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It seems that the treadmill doesn't have the power to move the belt after I've stepped on it. After 1 or 2 attempts, there's an alarm sound and the E1 error message shows on the treadmill screen

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Exercise Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes, i can wait

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/16/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: J.T., Technician replied 2 years ago
J.T.
J.T., Technician

Does it run fine if you don't step on it? Can you increase and decrease speed and elevation normally?

I can increase/decrease speed and incline and it seems to work fine if I don't step on the belt.

Have you ever lubricated the deck and belt?

No, can't remember doing that any time recently. Might have done it once since I got the treadmill, couple years ago.
But it seems like the belt just doesn't have any power, you think it's lubrication issue?

Well it's most likely beyond a lube issue now. After not lubricating it causes more friction and heat which damages component. Most likely your Motor has over heated too many times and needs to be replaced along with belt and deck

Try to lube it up very well and see if it makes any difference. If it does you know that's the problem

what type of lubricant do i use?

100% liquid silicone. Spray under the belt as far as you can from front to back on both sides. Then see if there is any difference